Your feet will take more than 250 million steps in the average lifetime, so they need to be looked after. That’s why at We Fix Feet, our foot health professionals fix feet!
Why have I got problems with my feet?
There are many reasons why you may have problems with your feet. Ranging from simple changes that happen as you get older, to more complex issues. These could relate to conditions such as diabetes and arthritis which can make walking painful and difficult. Children may also experience problems with their feet so it isn’t just age-related but can be simply a matter of genetics and your environment.
How can foot health professionals help?
A foot health professional can assist with assessing and providing recommendations to help you with any issues you may be experiencing. These can include:
- Toenails – ingrown toenails and fungal nail infection.
- Biomechanics – your gait may be affecting your feet, causing pain and irregular shoe wearing. It can even affect your knees, hips and lower back. So it is a good idea to check with a foot health professional first as part of looking for foot and limb pain affecting your legs, hips and lower back.
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus) and other ill-formed foot problems.
- Corns and calluses – where your shoes and footwear are rubbing and causing you pain and irritation.
- Gait and running issues – sports people including those who are keen runners and sports players at a non-elite level, can experience pain from poor shoe fit and biomechanical problems.
Of course, there are many problems with your feet that can cause a problem that we haven’t listed. So if you are concerned, why not check with your local foot health professionals at We Fix Feet.
At We Fix Feet, our foot health professionals can also conduct foot health checks for diabetics, which anyone diagnosed with diabetes should have at least once a year to make sure their feet are in optimum health. Book an appointment at our Derbyshire footcare clinic or Nottinghamshire footcare clinic