We Fix Feet are pleased to announce that we will be reopening our Ilkeston clinic on Tuesday 12th May and our Beeston clinic on Wednesday, 13th May. Last week, the Government confirmed that health services such as We Fix Feet could open, whilst maintaining appropriate social distancing measures and in line with the updated PPE guidelines. So, within our Ilkeston and Beeston clinics, we’ll be implementing additional stringent procedures to ensure both your safety and that of our team. Unfortunately, we will only be seeing patients who have confirmed appointments booked.
- Prior to any appointment being confirmed, we will be pre-screening patients by telephone. In this pre-screening phone call, we’ll be asking certain questions prior to booking an appointment for you. You will then be offered a day and time that we can see you in the clinic. These essential foot care appointments will be on a first-come-first-served basis. And at this time, we are prioritising previously cancelled patients.
- Our clinic days and appointment times will be different from those of pre-lockdown, due to extra measures that have to take place. At present we are unable to accommodate walk-in enquiries. Any enquiries should be made by telephone.
- If an appointment has been scheduled for you, please attend at your specific appointment time.
- Please do not arrive early as you will not be allowed into the clinic to wait.
- Only the person who is booked in for the appointment may enter the clinic. However, If you do need your registered carer with you to assist you, then please advise us during the pre-screening telephone call. For those who have booked appointments.
- When you arrive at the clinic, you’ll be greeted at the door by a member of our team. They’ll ask you to reconfirm and sign for your pre-screening question responses. You’ll then be required to sanitise your hands and leave all outdoor clothing and bags in our reception area.
- Your clinician will greet you. Please don’t be alarmed when you see them wearing a face shield, surgical mask, gloves and aprons, as these are the recommended PPE at this time to ensure both yours and our safety.
- Where possible, doors will remain open to increase ventilation and flow of fresh air into the clinic. Unfortunately, If you do not meet the criteria for an appointment at this time, we will advise you to stay at home and keep safe.
So to recap:
- We Fix Feet will be re-opening our Ilkeston clinic from the 12th May, followed by the Beeston clinic the following day.
- Both clinics will be working on reduced opening times temporarily for essential appointments until a “new normal” can be established.
- Only those who have pre-booked, confirmed appointments should attend the clinic. If you need a registered carer with you, then please advise us of this during the pre-screening telephone call.
- You should attend the clinic at your appointment time only.
- You will be asked to confirm the answers you provided during the pre-screening conversation and to sign as confirmation.
- You will be requested to disinfect your hands before entering, as well as when leaving the clinic.
So, as we start to prepare in these British Isles for the “new normal''; from all of us at We Fix Feet… take care and keep safe, until we meet again.